October 13, 2011

Babe Ruth as a Familiar Essay

I am now in my last undergrad semester at SJSU and it is by far my hardest! So this semester I have to write a familiar essay which is to be modeled after Anne Faidiman's essays. Her essays are cute with funny parts thrown in from time to time but they are not exactly my cup of coffee. I am not looking forward to writing this essay to say the least. I mean I guess I'm glad I get to pick my own topic but I am not the type of person who likes to divulge every little detail about my person life. Wait, am I not writing a blog which can be viewed by anyone? Talk about contradicting myself! Anyways, my point is, I am writing here about my writing and not my life so yeah.


 I have decided to write my familiar essay on Babe Ruth. I am a huge baseball fan and he is baseball. My son shares the same middle name as this god of baseball and I thought that it would be an easy essay to write. So not the case. I'm a little stuck on how I can incorporate it all into one cohesive story that will make sense. Babe Ruth is still larger than life and I'm sure I can capture his essence in a 5 page paper. Has anybody had any experience in writing an essay like this? If so, I would love a little guidance!

So I am of to do more research on the Babe. Wish me luck and thanks for letting me vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment