April 08, 2010

The Hard Road

Writing a research paper is never an easy process, and if you think otherwise there is seriously something wrong with you.Teachers are always telling you to pick a topic that interests you so it will make the process easier but I did and I still was on the verge of pulling my hair out. But when all was said, or written, and done, I came away with a better understanding of my topic. I guess I should say that I wrote my paper on citizen journalism. I originally was against citizen journalism but after reading all the papers, articles and visiting the differnt citizen websites, I came to realize that citizen journalism is an important asset to traditional journalism and deserves to be recognized as so. So what were the pros and cons to writing this insightful paper? Well let tell you.

PROS
                       * The topic that I picked was a topic that I was truly interested in
                             * Because online citizen journalism is so popular, I was able to find a lot of first           secondary sources
* I came away with a lot more than I thought
* I turned it in on time


CONS

*The length of the paper
*I could not find sufficient sources against citizen journalism
*my 21 month year old daughter decided that she did not want to go to sleep and kept me from finishing my paper. ahhh kids. they always know when you have something important to do
*the research process itself was trying. I can't handle staring at a computer screen for long periods of time

All in all, this research paper was just like all the others I have done. I am so glad we only have to do one. I don't think I candle handle another one.


                    

No comments:

Post a Comment